Fairymead House

Fairymead house, built in 1890 to an Indian bungalow plan, was originally the home of the Young family, owners of Fairymead Sugar Mill and Plantation. During 1984, Bundaberg Sugar Company donated the home to the City of Bundaberg as an Australian Bicentennial gift. Relocated to Bundaberg Botanic Gardens, the homestead is now a sugar industry museum, housing photographs and memorabilia exploring the development of the sugar industry, technology and the history of milling over two levels.